The Solar Sharc® website is targeted to fully launch in January 2018. The aim of the website is to promote the commercialisation of a durable self-cleaning coating for solar panels to improve PV energy generation. Solar Sharc® is being developed by a European consortium with funding from the European Union through the Fast Track to Innovation Programme. The FTI pilot supports projects undertaking innovation from the demonstration stage through to market uptake, including stages such as piloting, test-beds, systems validation in real world/working conditions, validation of business models, pre-normative research, and standard-setting.
- Opus Materials Technologies takes leading role in R&D project to develop dirt-repellent coating for solar panels
- Dirty Deeds: Developers downplay cleaning requirements on solar PVs
- SolarSharc research body installs first full-size testing module
- Solar Sharc® take tour of the CEA INES solar R & D facility in Chambery, France
- Scorchio – Solar energy is on the up